In keeping with the standards of the profession and the recent developments in sterilization and infection control, Lewelling Dental Care has formulated this general public information bulletin to give our patients an idea of how seriously we take the safety and well being of our patients.
- We meet or exceed all the OSHA standards.
- All doctors, hygienists and assistants wear gloves, masks, and face shields or goggles.
- Doctors and assistants wash their hands and change gloves with every patient.
- Dental drill handpieces are cleaned, bagged and sterilized prior to use on each patient.
- All instruments are scrubbed, cleaned, bagged and sterilized according to guidelines set forth by the Center for Disease Control.
- All instruments are sterilized in autoclaves or chemical vapor sterilizer according to recommended procedures.
- Lewelling Dental Care tests all sterilizers through independent lab analysis.
- All operating surfaces are cleaned with EPA registered hospital grade surface disinfectants.
- Many disposable items are used. Once used, they are discarded. Some examples are the injection needles, plastic suction tips and the polishing cups.
Lewelling Dental Care provides dental care services without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, age or marital status and protects the privacy of each of its patients.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the dental care. treatment or services you have received, please bring it to my attention.
Shital Kazi. DDS