The safety and well-being of our patients has always been our utmost priority. Prior to COVID-19, our office was already keeping up with high standards of sterilization and infection control.
We have made further changes and updates to our office to prioritize your safety and follow updated guidelines. We’ve employed stringent cleaning and Safety practices to support the health and wellness of our patients and employees. We are implementing physical-distancing measures, limiting the number of patients seen, modifying check-in procedures, and providing extra PPE for Employees.
We already follow multiple layers of stringent cleaning & disinfecting:
- We meet or exceed all the OSHA, CDC and dental board standards for PPE and disinfection.
- All doctors, hygienists and assistants wear a gown/jacket, gloves, masks, and face shields or goggles.
- Doctors and assistants wash their hands or sanitize and change gloves with every patient.
- All instruments, including dental handpieces, are sterilized according to guidelines set forth by the CDC.
- Lewelling Dental Care tests all sterilizers through independent lab analysis.
- All operating surfaces are cleaned with EPA registered hospital grade surface disinfectants.
- Many disposable items are used routinely. Once used, they are discarded. Some examples are the injection needles, plastic suction tips and the polishing cups.
Equipping our Employees & the office upgrades:
- #1 Rated room air purifier for allergies & asthma
- UV-C light sanitation of bathrooms and small things like cash, mail etc.
- Spraying room with Hypochlorous acid for disinfection and reducing aerosols.
- Paperless check in via mobile phone
- Paperless – electronic patient forms
- Payment via phone and online (Working on)
- Stronger vacuum pump and suction attachments to reduce aerosols.
We are staying up to date and following all requirements provided to us by CDC, OSHA, etc and taking all the steps needed.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the dental care, treatment, or services you have received, please bring it to my attention.
Dr. Shital Kazi, DDS